1. Download Microsoft R Server from msdn subscribers downloads page:
Thats's the one:
2. Download prerequisite - MRO 3.2.2 for RRE 8.0.0 from here:
as that one will not be installed automatically along with other prerequisites.
3. Install MRO for RRE 8.0.0 by running MRO-3.2.2-for-RRE-8.0.0-Windows.exe
4. Unpack en_rre_for_windows_x64_8183330.zip and run Revolution-R-Enterprise-8.0.0-Windows.exe
That's it. Some notes:
1. Yes, I had MRO 3.2.3 and MRO 3.2.4 installed, but Microsoft R server requires exactly MRO-for-RRE.
2. It will install some old components dating back to Visual Studio 2008,